Thursday 1 July 2010

Delicious

I'm going to be a bit Eeyore-ish now....

If I'm honest, I don't really understand delicious. And it's got a funny name.

I never really knew what delicious was until about 20 minutes ago and although I've done a bit a reading I'm still not entirely sure. But never mind, I'll give it a go.

I can understand why people would find the traditional bookmarking methods a bit cumbersome and out of date, but I've never really thought about finding any other way of doing it. And although I can see why people use delicious, I don't think that having to log in to an account to save bookmarks or tags is any easier. It just seems like a lot of faffing about. Bar-humbug!

However having looked at http://delicious.com/CambridgeJudgeBusinessSchoolLibraryServices and http://delicious.com/LibrarianGoddess I can see that it could be useful to libraries. It's good that you can bookmark and tag pages that you think would be useful to your students. But it does seem to be another thing that is reliant on the students finding it. Or maybe I've missed something...

But here's a picture of something that actually is delicious:

No comments:

Post a Comment