Wednesday 11 August 2010

I like Zotero!

Zotero could be one of the most useful things we've looked at so far. I always wondered what the logo at the bottom of the browser was for and now I know!

I think it could be really useful for us as a library. It could be used to compile reading lists on the courses pages of the Library CamTools site, and as you can choose which referencing style to use it could all be formatted to the same style. We also occasionally have students asking us about referencing systems and how to use Zotero, so now I will be able to show them how to use it.

From a personal point of view I will definitely be learning how to use Zotero to it's full potential. My method of referencing was always a bit haphazard and although I am organised I did have a tendency to misplace the bits of paper that I'd written the references down on. But with Zotero I could keep them all in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment