Tuesday 17 August 2010

Marketing

So, I've come to realise that the only way I'm ever going to get to the end is to do a few of the things at home. I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but I'm also determined to finish, plus there's nothing on telly and I need to familiarise myself with my new (and very shiny) laptop.




Marketing.... hmmm.....

The scope for marketing with social media is huge, as we have seen with previous "things". As a library we already have a Twitter account that has quite a few followers, and we have been making efforts to promote it. I guess that having a Facebook page might also be useful, but it's just another thing to maintain when we've got other things to do.

I think it's important therefore to select very carefully the avenues down the social media route you want to travel. There's no point putting all your efforts into a site that is not used that widely by your readers because then who's going to see it? But at the same time you don't want to think "Well I might as well cover all the bases then..." because you'll end up with hundreds of sites to maintain and it'll get boring duplicating information. I'm sure we've all got far more interesting and important things to be doing....

No comments:

Post a Comment