Thursday 10 June 2010

iGoogle and RSS Feeds


I quite like the idea of iGoogle and setting it up was quite fun! However, it's so easy to spend ages looking through all the different things you can add to your page and playing round with the themes and layouts that all of a sudden you realise that 2 hours have gone by and you haven't really achieved anything! It's the easiest way to procrastinate that I've ever found...

I added the RSS feed for the Education Library, as well as a couple of other things such as the Cambridge Library widget. I think these things are a nice idea but it is very reliant on readers adding them to their own pages, and I'm afraid to say this is probably unlikely to happen. At Education we use CamTools to send out announcements to specific groups which I think is a much better system as we're not then putting out information just in the hope that a reader will chance upon it one day!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, Heather!
    Love the screen shot of your iGoogle page.
    Totally agree with your comments on CamTools (of course).
    Hope enjoy the other Things!

    ReplyDelete